Thursday, October 25, 2012

Communication Styles

Hello to all of you blogging people and others who stalk me but never comments (I feel lonely here... lol)

I learned something today! (I learn something new everyday thought...)

Communication Styles

I really like Human Behaviors; it's fun, interesting, and it'll defiantly help me become a great detective when I grow up. From introverts and extroverts, from Maslow's theory. Everything just interest me and I feel happy/excited/holycow:O whenever I learn something from this class.

Today we learned about, as mentioned, communication styles. There are three types: Passive, Aggressive, and Assertive. There are also passive-aggressive (which are sneaky, manipulative people; basically a two-faced person).

Passive people are kinda like me. They're mostly introverted (extroverts can be passive sometimes, too!), and they just go with the flow. I keep imagining Castiel (from Supernatural and just so you know, I was talking about the tv show). HE'S JUST. SO. FREAKIN. CUTEEEE

*rambles on about Castiel's 'innocence'*

...and that voice! I mean, that voice. How on Earth can he be born with such a voice? He really is an angel, I say--

*get's smacked by a blogger*

HOLY CASS-- That hurted QoQ

*ahem*

Okay, back on topic. Basically, Passive people are people who are quiet, and they always follow a crowd. Whenever they face a decision, they would run away and avoid it at all cost; Passive people don't do well in conflicts or troublesome problems.

Aggressive people are a whole 'nother story. They're like the complete opposite of Passive people; in fact, they love Passive-type people. Aggressive people are, as it's title suggests, really mean people. I guess in simple words, excuse my language, a real 'bitch' (or a'dick' if he's a guy). My H.B. teacher talked about this one time where he had a conference with a boy in his class. Mr. Teacher said that the father's child wouldn't pay attention to class, and is always taking up the class's time. The father agrees whole-heartedly at once, nodding his head and agreeing. When the father and Mr. Teacher needed to talk to the boy, in which he was talking to another fellow teacher, the boy instantly looked away and ran up to another teacher to talk to, completely avoiding the father and Mr. Teacher.

And you know what happened?

The father letted him go. He didn't do a single thing. And Mr. Teacher was... upset. I know it's weird, but would you be upset when you see a friend being flat-out ignored by a family relative? The father was a passive person; he let's his son do what ever he wants, he let's his son walk all over him.

And the world knows that's not right.

And the son was an Aggressive type person. Defiantly, by the way he walks all over his father and not paying attention to class.

I'm glad Mr. Teacher is kinda Assertive. I mean, he's nice, yet mean. He has this boundary between teacher and student, and teacher and friend. He's not letting a student become too close to him. I kinda find that hurtful; my intentions on being friends it pretty clean and honest. It's usually the reason why I have a lot of friends, grownup or not.

Assertive people are what you might want to be. They're the type of people who puts the boundaries on a person, and have confidence in themselves(not too much; you'll probably end up being Aggressive). Basically, a well-rounded person.

Most people are usually Passive and Aggressive, but there are a fair amount of Assertive-type people also. So you should try striving for being Assertive, and maybe look back on your life using the info you learned.

And wao.

*takes a deep breath*

My goodness, I gave out another lecture. Ahaa, well I've given lectures worth an hour; maybe I should consider being a substitute teacher? Wouldn't that be a good experience.

Mahh, life is still young for me, I'll consider it once I grow up.

Ciaoooo

---Purima-sensei

No comments:

Post a Comment